Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Week 1: An Introduction

Take a look at the About page first, if you haven't done so already.





To start it off, I'll be attempting to get a grasp of the Unreal Development Kit, a free development program for the widely used Unreal Engine.  I'm more or less starting at ground zero.  At this point, my only vaguely relevant experience is extremely rudimentary use of the free open source 3D modeling software Blender, and the user interface tutorial set.  By "rudimentary use", I mean all I really know how to do is move cubes around and make extremely basic shapes.  All of my knowledge on the subject could probably be learned in a few solid hours.

Typically these type of things require a concrete goal.  Unfortunately, I don't know enough about UDK to make a realistic goal.  So for now, I'll simply aim to complete the rest of the 3D Buzz tutorials I linked above.  After that, I'll consider what I can feasibly do with my new-found knowledge.  That's all for today, I'll post again once I've made some worthwhile progress toward the next tutorial set.

No comments:

Post a Comment